суббота, 8 декабря 2012 г.

Crime and Creative Punishment

 1. An arsonist who sets fire to a local beauty spot, for example, a forest:

ANN: I would order an arsonist who sets fire to a forest to plant by the trees by himself much more than he burnt.

SERGE: I think he should be made to plant trees. A lot of trees, like a little forest

JULIA: To send him to afield and to make him plant the grass, a lot of flowersand trees. He must dig and fertilize the ground. This person must come to this field every week and water all the plants until they grow up.

OLGA: I think he shold be made to plant 100 trees and take care of them for a year.

 2.  A 15-year-old who is caught drinking and smoking:

ANN: I would order a 15-year-old who is caught drinking and smoking to make a report about danger of drinking and smoking every Sunday during two months and read it to his classmates and pupils of junior school.

SERGE: I think he should be made to take a look at adult drunk. Then he must be to clean places like custody, railway stations...Well, places where might be a lot drunks and homeless people.

TANYA: I would sentence him to work in a rehabilitation centre with alcoholics.

OLGA: I'll order this teenager to spend 2 months in hospital. It will show her how it is important to have good health. Helping sick people will show her possible results of irresponsible attitude to her habits and behaviour.

 3. Someone who parks illegally causing major traffic delays:

OLGA: I don't think he shold be allowed to use his car for a month. Instead of driving he should use a bicycle. I'll also attribute him to work as a driver in an ambulance. I'll give the offender an opportunity to understand the importance of every minute.

 4. A group of teenagers who paint graffiti all over wall small town:

OLGA: I think they should be made to draw paintings for beneficial share. Community should turn their creative ambitions to the right side. 

 5. A couple whose dogs bark incessandy and bother the neighbours:

OLGA: I think they should be made to spend 3 days in the park walking with 5 dogs.

 6. A young person who creates a computer virus which infects thousands of computers.

JULIA: To send him to the computer service and to show him a lot of people who have their gadgets broken and infected. He must repair all the computers the whole week. If he can't repair all gadgets, he will have to pay his own money to every person.

TANYA: I would make him read all the complaints from computer users and then make him no opportunity to use Internet or even computer for several years.

OLGA: As for me, he should be made to work as a programmer for a big company where computer provides all the work and it is an integral part of the office work. The young person will be able to realize that his virus can cause awful results. 

4 комментария:

  1. Well I think about arsonist everybody have the opinion of punishment...probably that's because the punishment is very obvious

    About 15 -years old I think the most suitable punishment is Tanya's

    So, it was exciting to read the rest of classmate's punshments. Judge is their vocation)

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Этот комментарий был удален автором.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  3. It was very interesting for me to read about different punishments, which had written my classmates!
    I liked Olga's punishment for the third situation and Serge's punishment for the second situation most of all. I think these methods are more effective than others.
    I was very glad that almost all of us were indifferent to the first and to the second situations.
    Really all of punishments can help people who break the law. I think it will make them more conscientious in attitude to nature and to people. And such sort of punishments (alternative punishments) can be better than just to send a person to prison.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  4. Our creative punishments are as good as Mike Cicconetti's ones))) Such sentences can help people to go through different situations and realise consequences of illegal behaviour.

    ОтветитьУдалить