суббота, 24 ноября 2012 г.

                           Mini sagas

Think of a title for every saga. Comment on three sagas you particularly like or dislike.


                                                                       1.
I told my husband we had to talk. I knew everything about his plan to leave me. Of course, he denied it. He said he truly loved me. He was shocked when I told him that his "e-mail friend", the one he had been planning to run away with... was me.

                                                                     2.
He was red. His eyes were the size of the Moon. "What's happened?" - his mother asked. "I killed the doctor! He was going to give me an injection when I suddenly sneezed. He gave the injection to himself, fell down and didn't say anything..."
The doctor woke up and felt cheerful...

                                                                    3.
Max looked up and saw Miguel. "Oh, no!" - he thought. Max hated him. He would tease Max, annoy him, steal his toys and eat his snacks...
Max decided he had had enough. "This time, - he thought, - I'm going to show him!" And the Rottweiler watched the approaching Pug with determination.

                                                                    4.
A fisherman had a nice family and lived happily near the beach fishing only for their daily needs. One day he met a businessman who said: "Catch more fish, buy more boats, run a successful business". The fisherman answered :"Then what?" - "Start a family and live by the beach!.."

                                                                     5.
I had already been studying at  University for a couple of weeks. That morning, when I took my usual seat in the bus a cute girl came to me and said "Hi!" At first I didn't recognise her but then I realised that we were studying at the same group.

                                                                    6.
James spent a fortune on that gold ring. In the ten years of being married to Jane he had never remembered their anniversary. But today he wanted to surprise her.
When he came home late at night, Jane wasn't there. But there was a note on the fridge: "James, it's over."

                                                                    7.
Jane had just lefe the most expensive restaurant in the city. She was wearing the most beautiful dress and she went to her limousine. She was going to the airport to fly to the most incredible place in the world.
Sudddenly, she heard: 'Wake up! It's time to go!"

16 комментариев:

  1. Этот комментарий был удален автором.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. So, I think these sagas belong to:

    1.Yulya. Title:"Caught"
    2.Olya. "Murderer"
    3.Nadezhda Vladimirovna) "Criminal dog"
    4.Don't know "Piece of advice"
    5.Dima "Who are you"
    6.Tanya "Bad memory"
    7.Anya "Sweet dreams"
    I like first three sagas, they're quite funny and made me smile

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. Did you guess who had written which saga, or did you ask your classmates?
      I really like your title to the fifth story: it makes it sound more intriguing)))))

      Удалить
  3. The titles are:
    1."An apostate"
    2."The frightening dentist"
    3."Revengeful dog"
    4."Useless advice"
    5."An interesting finding"
    6."Unexpected thing"
    7."The dreams are broken"
    I find the fifth saga very interesting and funny, and the first and the sixth ones can make people think about their important events, espesially if they a married.

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. This is a good job! You seem to have a knack for getting the essence of the story. But remember: as a rule, we don't use articles in headings.
      I would also suggest "discovery" instead of "finding" and "issue" instead of "thing"; they seem much more in your style)))

      Удалить
  4. 1. "Double game" - Olya?
    2. "Fateful injection" - Tanya?
    3. "Dogs' ruse" - Nadezhda Vladimirovna?
    4. "Useless advice" - Sergey?
    5. "A great unexpectedness" - Dima?
    6. "The last surprise" - Anya?
    7. "Beautiful dream"

    I like the first, the third and the sixth sagas very much. In my opinion they are unpredictable in the end. The fourth saga made me thinking of the sense of life and attention of different people to it. The third and the fifth saga made me happy, they are so cheerful and alive! If a person has a family(is married) I would advice him/her to read the first and the sixth sagas to avoid mistakes and to be really happy.

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. Thank you for your contribution! I especially liked the first, second and fifth headings))))) By the way, are you sure you meant it when you wrote "attention"? Could you possibly have meant "attitude"? And one more thing: we use infinitive without To after Make - It made me THINK...

      Удалить
  5. Well, titles in my opinion:
    1. Surprise my dear!
    2. GP's nightmare.
    3. Passions in the animal world.
    4. How to make things easier.
    5. Sclerotic guy.
    6. Luckless husband.
    7. Pipe dreams.
    So, I suppose that the fifth story shows us how people tend to treat each other in big cities especially nowadays. What is more, I really enjoyed the first story but, of course, number three was the best I've ever read)

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. Hi, Dima!))) I must say I'm really flattered by your high opinion of my talents as an author!))))
      I quite like your headings, the second, the fourth and the last one being my favourites. I would like to draw everybody's attention to the expression "pipe dreams" which is a very goood one. Could you please publish its definition as I'm not sure that everybody knows what it means?
      And my advice to you is to spend some time studying the use of commas in English writing: writing at the high level makes it advisable.

      Удалить
  6. 1. blinded deceiver;
    2. doctor returned to life(Anya);
    3. enmity(Nadezhda Vladimirovna);
    4. unnecessary advice(Dima);
    5. successful meeting(Sergey);
    6. sad ending(Julia);
    7. unexpected awakening(Tanya)
    In my opinion, the sixth saga makes us think about relationships, we really should be more cereful to close people.The third and the seventhth sagas was really funny!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  7. I'm really glad that you could write at last and I don't have to give you a bad mark)))))
    Have you noticed, by the way, that that almost all your headings have the same structure: adjective+noun. There's nothing wrong with that but many people find variety really attractive)))) And what about capital letters? Don't worry about the misprints - we all have them when we type)))))))

    ОтветитьУдалить
  8. To my mind, the best story is the fourth. Beause of the content and the end of this story. I like the first story, it contains a lot of events beetween a couple.
    The funniest story is the fifth. Sometimes it happened with everybody ))

    ОтветитьУдалить
  9. I really love the first story. It has very unexpected ending and also it's pretty truthful.
    The story about a pug is fabulous! I'm sure it must be published)))

    ОтветитьУдалить
  10. I really enjoyed reading the all stories, some ot them are really interesting and unpredictable. I don't like so much the 5th story, because it is so usual, it can happen with everybody,espesially in our days, when people don't pay much attention to each other... To my mind, the best story is the 6th story. ( May be i like it because i am a girl?). This story is about sense of love and relationship among couple, i think it's a good begining for movie. So, i believe that his wife will come back to him and get her gift... Other sages are funny and cheerful, it made my mood!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  11. I really like all of this stories,especially the first one. It's exactly the same genre that I love!

    ОтветитьУдалить